Monday, May 9, 2011

Don't Take NO for an Answer

Hello, My Couponing Friends!

I have to share an experience that I had at a local Walmart. 

Stockpile deal of the week was Ivory Bar Soap for free after coupon.

Walmart had them priced at $.97 each.  I have 10 $1.00 coupons.  So they were to pay me $.03 each for buying them.

The cashier was only going to override the coupon and only give me $.97 off.  Thank goodness a supervisor walked by at that time and told her that she had to give me the whole $1.00 off.  Whew!  This is right, Proctor and Gamble will reimburse them $1.00 so if she would have given me just the $.97 then she would have been scamming Proctor and Gamble. Did you know that the actual store that you use the coupon at actually gets paid for taking the coupons.  Not only do they get the value of the coupon back, but they get a handling fee back.  So it actually is a money maker for the store too!

Also, after looking at their new coupon policy, they have to give you the exact value of the coupon, even if they have to actually put cash back in your hand :)

So, don't take no for an answer.  Always take a copy of the stores coupon policy with you, but be nice.  We don't want the stores to hate couponers.  It just makes it miserable for everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment